Q&A | Alex Michelle

Alex Michelle, designer of the line Objects Without Meaning, is currently popping-up in Los Angeles through the month at Space 15 Twenty in Hollywood. What a perfect time to dig deep and do a Q&A with the Australian designer whose L.A.-made designs are that perfect intersection of sophisticated and understated. But before the Q&A, can we take a quick station break to look at the photos of Miranda July modeling the latest collection.
And now back to Alex Michelle's Q&A...

If not in Los Angeles, I would live in...L.A. I’ve lived in many cities all over the world and L.A is my home. I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else!

My dream vacation would be to...travel to the beaches of Croatia. The sea and open air is where I can always relax.

My current obsessions are... 

Food: I love food so much! I enjoy so many different cuisines, but right now I'm really into Mediterranean fare especially, Greek and Turkish food.

Music: I'm a fan of jazz, funk, and disco. I’m pretty open to all kinds of music except for heavy metal.

Fashion: I’m not crazy about its current trends. I look up to designers like Dries Van Noten, Christophe Lemaire, and Stephan Schneider, a lot of male designers. I think it's because there's an ease to their collections. Always looking comfortable in clothing is something I live by.

The fictional character I most relate to is...to be honest I don’t really care for fiction. I tend to look at people that I can relate to in everyday life.

My favorite quality in a man is...honesty and selflessness.

My favorite quality in a woman is...being true to herself and standing up for what she believes in.

I'm terrified of...jumping out of a plane. I can't do it.

My dream car is a...something that can get me from point A to B. It doesn’t matter what it is as long as it drives and has working air conditioning and music.

My cocktail of choice is...wine, but it has to be good. Otherwise, I drink Campari and soda.

My beauty product of choice is...anything natural. I usually go with home remedies. I like to use coconut, lavender, and tea tree essential oils mixed in with moisturizers. I also routinely do a cucumber and avocado treatment on my face.

My friends and I like to...have dinner parties. I love getting together once in while to break bread over dinner with good friends.

If I could go back in time for one decade it would be...I would rather go into the future.

As a teenager I was totally into...drawing.

I tend to splurge on...shoes, bags, and food.

Being comfortable...is what makes me have Tomboy Style.

If you're in L.A. check out the Objects Without Meaning pop-up at Space 15 Twenty in Hollywood, it's open until 10/31.

Comments

PoppyK said…
Oh! The oversized red sweater she is wearing reminds me so much of the Shaker sweaters from Express that I used to love in the 80s.

Popular Posts