SCENE | Shindig!

Photo of Sonny & Cher on Shindig! by Bill Ray for LIFE, 1965.

Shindig! was a musical variety show on ABC that aired between 1964 and 1966. All of the popular bands of the era performed live and were accompanied by a dance troupe called The Shin-Diggers—I've never seen a full episode of a show, but from the looks of the dance moves below, Shindig! may be entirely responsible for teaching my mom how to dance.




Have a great weekend!

Keep up with Tomboy Style elsewhere: INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER

Comments

Ammu said…
Love these pictures - such wonderful energy!
M. Taylor said…
I love Shindig. I learned my awesome dance moves from that show too.
we all learnt to dance from shindig- you missed it kids!
tomboys forever
Beth
Unknown said…
I love seeing dancing from this era. Reminds me of when Gidget used to dance in some of the Gidget episodes. Hilarious!

Catching up on blogs–something I haven't done in a while. So naturally I had to stop here:) Hope you're well!

Popular Posts