UNIFORM | Sabah Shoes


Made by hand in an ancient bazaar in Gazientep Turkey, Sabah shoes have been selling stateside for at least a few years now. But with just a single by-appointment-only shop in New York City, and an ordering system that still goes through email, it's no wonder that the leather loafers have not reached anywhere close to the recognition (I think) they deserve. Made by fifth generation cobblers that hand stitch each pair, they are certainly made with love, and absolutely are crafted to age well and last long. In fact, one of the Sabah makers' last name is Dikici, which translates as stitcher in Turkish—that's how much heritage is piled into a pair of Sabahs. If you're lucky enough to live in New York City, there's a limited supply of stock at the Sabah House which you can visit by making an appointment (info on the website). If you don't, you can order a custom pair ($170), it'll just take eight to 12 weeks for them to arrive, only about one pair is made per day. Worth the wait? I think so. They're an ideal travel shoe that you can dress up, down, and sideways, and the water buffalo soles look like they'll put you squarely in the comfort zone. And just think, in eight weeks or so, we'll all be in the sockless zone as well. To place an order, email orders@sabah.am and they will direct on ordering. I'm so looking forward to mine arriving this Spring.
Thanks for the tip, Knit Wit.

Comments

Unknown said…
So many of your posts are dangerously awesome. But this one... Sheesh
Mamavalveeta03 said…
I've been following his Instagram for a long time, once a photo of these incredibly well-crafted shoes crossed my feed. So glad I did!
Anonymous said…
So nice.
Julide said…
Greaaatt! And sad, that was my tomboy secret :/

I have a pair, dark brown. And unbelievably comfortable though flat.
Love from Turkiye!
Laurel Canyon said…
OK this with the bakery goat from Gjelina the last post...spring wardrobe, done and done!
Haydee said…
Wow, really loving these.
Kendra said…
Your post led me to The Sabah Dealer last week and I'm happily wearing my first pair. They're amazingly comfortable and durable.
Hessa H. said…
I'm looking fwd to get one pair of sabah, But I'm wondering if they make the foot smelly ?
many thanks.

Popular Posts