UNIFORM | Tomboy Style x Tradlands Popover Shirts


What started with a pile of oxford cloth swatches on my desk, has become, months later, a fully-formed popover shirt. I'm not going to pretend that there's a "new twist on a old classic" here, it's just a perfectly classic shirt made from trusted classic materials. So, why remake a classic? Because frankly, it's not that easy to find a well-made button-down button-up shirt tailored for women and made from classic materials in 2014. And when I say well-made, I mean I don't want it to disintegrate after it's washed once or twice. I inquired to see if the San Francisco-based and American-made Tradlands would be interested in making the popover I craved. I've been a fan of theirs since word got out of their existance and they indeed were just as interested in the idea as I was.

And so, the rest is history! We made some popovers! Two to be exact. The Busby is a grape and white striped oxford cloth shirt named after my great grandfather of English descent. I love how this shirt is both proper and casual. The Ashburn is a solid white oxford with tortoise shell buttons which is named after the first dorm I lived in at Brooks School, it's a shirt I wish I had then because when you have limited closet space, this is a shirt that really can be worn with everything, multiple days a week even. Both are available at Tradlands for $167 each.

Comments

Those photos are gorgeous!! Credit??
hawkhammer said…
Those are great shirts but to be on point...they are button front or button up shirts. Button down refers to the collar that buttons down with two small buttons in front and usually one in the back of the collar.
Aside from that, you have a beautifully crafted blog which I enjoy very much.
Lizzie said…
@hawkhammer

You are correct.
Lizzie said…
@Ashley

Photos by Horace and Mae

http://horaceandmae.tumblr.com/
Amanda M said…
The shirts are just perfect. Simple lines and simple fabric.It doesn't get any better
Anonymous said…
I am 6.2 ft tall and find it difficult to find pretty shirts for women. I wish someone would make women's shirts that are longer and with extra long sleeves for 'taller' women...
Sarah said…
I absolutely love these! I'm always searching for the perfect popover, and while I love Ann Mashburn's, I do want one in an oxford cloth instead of broadcloth. I'm so glad you've teamed up with Tradlands to design one!
Unknown said…
Congratulations; I love watching you and Tomboy Style grow like this!
Aja Lake said…
Lizzie! At this rate, I'm going to end up with an entire Tomboy Style collection. Heirlooms, perhaps?

Also, go, hawkhammer. I love a word nerd.
Mamavalveeta03 said…
Lizzie, without a doubt, the best idea EVER!
Kelsey said…
So great! I love this shirt. The grape and white is fabulous. Loving all these tomboy style collabs...next up some canvas sneakers and new Chance corduroy shorts, please!?! haha :)
Lauren said…
Just bought the Ashbury and I'm so excited to get it in the mail! Thanks, Lizzie.

Popular Posts