UNIFORM | Espanola Palm Leaf Hat


Earlier this month when I posted about Jesse Kamm a few people asked about the hat Hilary Walsh was modeling for Kamm's Spring/Summer 2013 collection. I had no info on the hat, but a determined reader decided to dig into the deep corners of the internet to find that flat-brimmed palm leaf goodness. With multiple searches and a hyper Nancy Drew-like intuition, the hat was hers. Cut to last weekend when I was photographing Coryander Friend on a Sunday afternoon; in walks Meghan Czerwinski, the finder of the hat! IT'S A SMALL WORLD, PEOPLE. Meg simply proves that where there's a will and a Wifi connection, anything is possible. She somehow through various searches landed at The Crazy Crow Trading Post based in Pottsboro, TX. They have a lot of cool stuff including a whole section for muzzleloading supplies (!). So, without further delay, let me present The Espanola Palm Leaf Hat ($22). They're hand-made and signed in Guatemala from palm leaves. I'd order 1-2 sizes up as they can run a little snug. This hat is the butter of the summer. I'm taking mine to Joshua Tree this weekend!

Comments

Unknown said…
Just ordered one for my road trip across the US to Maine.
I think their store is about to get an influx of orders.
Aja Lake said…
that indigo upstate kimono and this hat--the perfect summer uniform!
Lizzie said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
This hat is kind of perfect. And I love that it's so affordable!
Anonymous said…
Am ordering this hat immediatamente. Delish.
Amielle said…
Affordable AND stylish as all heck? Count me in.
I've worn these for 35 years.
I sold them at my shop in London.
Then I found them again right when I thought they had disappeared.
they last forever, and eventually become dry and brittle, but truly only after years.
And yes, the are individually signed...always have been.
I love that bit...
Beth
Anonymous said…
I can't thank you enough for sharing this with us. I got my hat yesterday and I have never been happier with an online purchase. Best $22 spent, the hat is so chic! Thank You Again,

Lauren

Popular Posts