GEAR | Field Aesthetic Mfg. Co.


It's undeniable that there is a movement in this country towards preserving the heritage of American manufacturing. It's been happening for years now, but every time I come across another great company with the ideals of honest quality goods at the forefront, I'm impressed and inspired. (On that note: this article about G.E. returning some of its manufacturing to Kentucky is a great read).

Field Aesthetic Mfg. Co. out of Burlington Vermont is no exception to the rule. They launched last June with the intent to connect with and protect the disappearing trades and skills of the American maker and use the ethos that makes the nation and the State of Vermont thrive as inspiration. Their goods range from aprons to neckties to hand soap, but The Transit Bag (top photo, $125) is especially on my radar. It's made from water resistant re-purposed military tent canvas and I love how it will show wear and tear as it ages. Looks like the perfect size for a laptop too.

Comments

I always love supporting made in america companies- especially ones with great style, true craftsmanship and integrity. Thanks for this, love your blog.
Short Wigs said…
Thanks for your sharing, it's a good post, keep going and support you.
Unknown said…
would that bag be a give away?
Amy Ragsdale said…
please, keep up the good work. I am sharing and hoping that folks get it... buy local.
Katie said…
I really appreciate you posting American brands with American-made products. I am trying more than ever to buy items made here. I feel that it is one thing I can do to help support the American economy. On a side note, there are many times I click on the links you provide and am disappointed that it doesn't open in a seperate window. I often want to go back to your blog after and then either have to re-type it in, hit the back arrow, or open a new window myself. If you could ever change that I would appreciate it.
Rackk and Ruin said…
YESSS!! Go Field Aesthetic. A fantastic Burlington, VT company that makes quality goods. Thanks for posting! xx Molly
esb said…
i am all about that bag.
Anna said…
I live in Burlington, and I had no idea that this company exists and is making such high-quality bags that are exactly up my alley. Thanks for featuring a very local to me company!

Popular Posts