UNIFORM | Canvas by Giraffe

I love a super specific concept line and this new Los Angeles-based collection, Canvas by Giraffe is no exception. The line was created by the designers' desire for a smart and durable art studio clothing. With inspiration drawn from how great Picasso looked while sketching, or Pollack as he dripped paint below. The aim of Canvas is to reimagine traditional smock and art-wear into clothing that can be worn both in the art studio and out in the real world. The premier collection is handmade in tiny editions of 30 pieces and each sale is paired with a c-print taken from artist Heidi G. who took up residence at Giraffe Studios to test drive the clothing as she worked. I love how specific this concept is and really really love those Pollak pants below. Check out the entire line here.


Roadhouse Buddha said...

Is this goop? I'll be honest, this is the most ridiculous line of clothing ever. Show me an artist willing to pay $200+ for clothes they aim to ultimately destroy during the creative process. Let's real it back in, Tomboy Style. (not a spelling error)

Lizzie said...

@Roadhouse Buddah

Haha, not Goop! I appreciate your opinion, and don't completely disagree. But I really enjoy when designers take a super specific concept and execute it. It's usually not meant for the mainstream (and often I think it's more about the idea than the practicality of it), but there's nothing wrong, in my opinion, with sharing people's visions and how they create. Am I suggesting these are wardrobe staples? Absolutely not. All I'm saying is it's a unique idea and I respect designer's dedication to their vision. Not all art appeals to everyone, but that's what makes it interesting.

Casey Creates said...

Functional? No. Interesting and cool to look at? Yes. As an artist, this is not a practical and price or in function in the studio, but it's really fun to see someone's line come to life!