WORD | Snapshots of Dangerous Women

Last week my friend Dana gave me the new book Snapshots of Dangerous Women by Peter Cohen. What a collection of photographs! The author spent decades (decades!) combing through estate sales and flea markets building a collection of found photography of women who are taking part in unconventional activities (for women, and especially for the time), like boxing, swigging booze, shooting rifles, or just have a certain rebellious gaze. If the dangerous label seems patronizing or makes you scratch your head a bit, think about the lens that these women were viewed through 60-80 years ago—not dangerous, but definitely "dangerous".

7 comments:

Yennie Solheim Fuller said...

Talk about an amazing book!! Now I want to make my own ;)

Mary said...

Love these photos! Can't wait to get my hands on a copy of this book.

Rufinoh Miller said...

wow... they are all amazingly beautiful....
Info site for Discount Elisa Kits

Li said...

Super happy you're still updating over here as well as at the reed (which is an inspired collection, way to make shopping for every woman I know easier!). :)

Anonymous said...

I want to be dangerous when I grow up

IdiaDega said...

Love it! Thanks for the cool vintage photos.

John Smith said...

fashion shopping online - IceEverything Offers cheapest fashion shopping for mens & womens clothes online. We have huge collection of mens clothes, Womens fashion shopping at cheap Price.