NOISE | Harvest Moon

As October settles in, autumn fully takes its grip on most of the country. Here in L.A. October is typically even hotter than most summer months, only with more spiders—so you can imagine why we try to will fall's arrival even harder here. With temps currently above 90, I can't muster the strength to post about sweaters, but one song I always think about in October is Harvest Moon by Neil Young. 22 years old this month, I still remember hearing this album on heavy rotation in my house growing up when the album came out in '92. I discovered Jane Birkin's 2006 cover a few years back and that's really grown on me too. #octoberjamz

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh, what's up with neil young divorcing his wife to date daryl hannah?

Becky said...

I'm 25 and this album was constantly playing in my childhood. I know each song by heart, and in college it was my home away from home, helping me to fall asleep at night. I feel very protective of this album and my memories around it, and it seems most people who really really loooove this album are too. Think I'll put it on today!

Mrs. Franzos said...

This Neil Young song is fantastic. The music video to it is embarrassing. Don't watch it!

Lizzie said...

@Mrs. Franzos

It's totally weird, but also kind of comforting in a 90s nostalgia way?

Kelly said...

This is dead on. Also in LA - I've been lamenting all the Fall-related posts and pics and email subject lines and pumpkin spice...

Georgia said...

@Becky me too! I find his thin, reedy voice weirdly comforting. Plus, his guitar action >

Mrs. Franzos said...

@Lizzie

comforting 90's nostalgia....yes. I'll commit since I'm on board with the Vuarnets...:)