UNIFORM | Horse Blanket Research Wraps


Maybe we need a new category called "worth flying to Japan for" because there's a list piling up on my computer. Topping it are these Horse Blanket Research wraps that are hand-made from wool in Japan's Aichi Prefecture. I can't tell you much beyond looks, mainly because most of what I've found is in Japanese or poorly translated English, but if you can find a website that will ship to the U.S. (this online retailer may be a possibility) these guys fetch around ¥25,000, which converts to about $240. I love how versatile and functional these pieces are, but mostly how they remind of the American West...leave it to the Japanese to totally nail the Americana aesthetic.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

These are fantastic... sometimes I borrow my horse's cooler after we ride to stay warm too and that does the trick, too :) This one looks so cozy and perfect for traveling!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

It's amazing how you seem to find exactly what I've been looking for! You sure you don't have a camera in my place?!? ;-)
Love these!

Lizzie said...

Hahaha, I just wish I could find one that's more accessible!

Anonymous said...

hi Lizzie, i literally just saw a brown fuzzy blanket like this today at Alder+Co in Portland, OR! it is one of my fave shops... they feature some pretty special things from all over the world, you should check them out if you are ever in Portland :) they have a small selection of their stuff online too. haha i sound like an advertisement but i swear i am just a happy customer!

sulman farooq said...

It's amazing how you seem to find exactly what horse blankets I've been looking for! You sure you don't have a camera in

Horse Stall Mats said...

Thank you for your visit and leaving such kind feedback about this blog! I hope you found some use for the information horse blankets

Sarah said...

It seems that you can buy one of those here : http://sett.co.jp/shop/index.jsp?dir=%2F145

Marah Westby said...

Just got one at alder and co ! So good! <3 http://alderandcoshop.com/products/checker-blanket