SCENE | Thrifting in The High Desert


If there is such thing as a tomboy style bachelorette party, I think I just attended one. Seven of us drove out to The Yucca Valley where we hiked through Joshua Tree National Park, gave each other ominous Tarot readings on the night of the summer solstice, got sound baths at the Integratron, and (at least one of us) two-stepped at Pappy & Harriet's. And we still found a little time to shop at the Angel View Thrift. I pooled together the haul and took a little photo because the Supermoon told me to.

Maud's Hawaiian shirt, red whisky jug, and turquoise sunglass chain. Sarah's mom jean-cut vintage Lee's. Julia's mirrored sign that reads: This Area Is Zoned For Uncontrollable Desires.

P.S. Zinzi (the future wife person) is writing a guide to Joshua Tree for Refinery29 that will be live this week if you want the full download on what's happening in The High Desert.

Comments

Simons said…
HOW IS YOUR LIFE REAL
alisialynn said…
That shirt is so great! What a find! May I ask from where?
Lizzie said…
The shirt is men's Polo. My favorite too!
Lizzie said…
These are all items bought at a thrift store, so not available to purchase online (got an email about that, so just wanted to clear it up).
Sarah said…
I would say we all two-stepped, in one way or another.
Christin said…
This sounds like the best bachelorette party ever!
Zinzi said…
I think our eating habits and beverage choices may have helped Tomboy the weekend too! CHIPS! RIBS!!! BEER!
Katie Ann said…
THAT WHISKEY JUG.
Claire said…
25 years ago, I had pair of Lee jeans just like that, my sister nicked them.
Manoj Kusshwaha said…
oh nice i love to have that jeans and googles for my girl friend

Popular Posts