SCENE | Sid & Ann Mashburn


On Friday night, Ann Mashburn hosted a Tomboy Style book signing in her newly-minted space, just next to her husband's store Sid Mashburn in Atlanta. It was my first real taste of Southern Hospitality, and man does that live up to the hype! I'm hooked. Ann and her store have been on this blog before, but I have to say that the in-person experience of these two stores is impossible to show in pictures, and that's why people are taking day trips down to Atlanta from cities like New York (!) to shop here. The Mashburn edit of clothing, books, jewelry and accessories is spot-on and so very them, but what's equally intriguing is the personality and culture that permeates these stores to complete the Mashburn experience—maybe the only shopping experience in this country that I can say is truly worth getting on plane for (unless you're lucky enough to live in Atlanta).

Stylist Ginny Branch and photographer and Sid Mashburn intern Simons Finnerty in matching smoking flats.
Sid Mashburn, Simons Finnerty, Ann Mashburn, yours truly, and Matt Mettler after the party.

A big thank you to the Finnerty Family, the Mashburn Family, all the friendly faces that make up the Sid & Ann Mashburn stores, all the great people that came out on Friday, and Simons Finnerty for taking most of these photos and for helping this whole thing happen. xo

Comments

What a lovely store - think I need to get myself a pair of slippers!
Mamavalveeta03 said…
I'm obsessed with Ann Mashburn popover shirts! Not to mention everything else they carry! How great that you had a book-signing there!
Anonymous said…
I love, love, love Sid Mashburn and everyone is there is always so incredibly nice. I go in and I buy the Caran d'Ache pens for everyone, they're a perfect little gift for anyone, especially if you know their favorite color.

I don't know why, but once Ann Mashburn opened I never quite got excited about it. Going into Sid Mashburn I loved the men's clothes but I knew I wouldn't wear them, I think I'm afraid of what Ann Mashburn will do to my bank account.
Ah! The arrowhead belt! So nice. -Alyssa http://arrowheadvintage.blogspot.com
Diana said…
Everything looks super swanky! I'd be intimidated by those stores. It looks nice though, but I'm afraid I would stick out like a sore thumb!

Popular Posts