Q&A | Alisa Gould-Simon


I've met Alisa, the Director of Marketing and Communications at Pose a few times, and every time I'm blown away by her style and how dialed in she is as a business/media/digital genius. Alisa has helped grow Pose from its infancy to what it is now, a huge iPhone and Android app and website that lets you share outfit photos, catalog your finds, and discover other people's poses (like what you see above and below) and much of it will be shopable soon! It's pretty rad. And so is she.


If not in Los Angeles, I would live in... realistically New York since I spend a quarter of my year there anyway, but I'd like to think Paris, Shanghai and Berlin are all contenders.

My dream holiday would be to...
go on safari in Africa. It's been my dream since the age of five.

My current obsessions are...

Food: Oysters, sea urchin and stinky cheese.

Music: LCD Soundsystem (RIP), Radiohead, Jay-Z and Fleetwood Mac could sustain me on a deserted island.

Fashion: I love the Australian label Shakuhachi for fun party dresses; I think The Hellers' latest collection is genius; Emmanuelle Alt is an eternal source of sartorial inspiration; but, ultimately, I dream of one day being able to afford filling my closet with Celine and Dries Van Noten.

Retail Stores: Adore Maryam Nassir Zadeh in NYC and A+R in Venice, CA.

I channel my childhood self when I...sleep in an empty house and have to close any open doors to hide reminders of what could be lurking.

If I had to be outdoors all day I would...be one happy camper.

My favorite quality in a man is...compassionate pragmatism and generosity.

My favorite quality in a woman is...
emotional vulnerability and a respect for fellow women.

I'm terrified of...ever becoming too stagnant.

My dream car is a...one that requires zero unsustainable resources to build and power.

My cocktail of choice is...a Negroni.

My celebrity crush is...a lovechild of Rachel Maddow, Terry Gross, Isabella Rosselini, Emma Goldman, Katharine Hepburn and Beyonce.

The beauty product of choice is...Vincent Longo's entire seaweed-infused line, but, specifically, the wet canvas foundation.

My friends and I like to...eat, drink and be merry.

If I could go back in time for one decade it would be...La Belle Époque (with women's rights of course).

As a teenager I was totally into...being independent and terrifyingly thin eyebrows.

I tend to splurge on...beautiful shoes that I swear have feelings.

An insatiable appetite for new experiences and ideas...is what makes me have Tomboy Style.

Comments

Unknown said…
great interview, she's wonderful!
Nice interview...yes there are so many ways of photo styling and exchanging...really great way to exchange ideas and thoughts girls.
Jennifer King said…
I love her style! She look so much like Chloe Sevigny in that first photo. Gorgeous.
Lexie said…
i love that she includes terry gross in her celeb crush lovechild mix! wonderful interview.
Virginie said…
Loving her answers. She seems like a great woman!
Anonymous said…
Pose looks rad! Thanks!
Ashley Turner said…
Love that skirt! I'm a die-hard denim mini girl!
It's really awesome!Love her style!Pretty cool!

Popular Posts